Friday, January 8, 2010

The New Old-Project Project

(Cross Posted)
An off-handed comment from a friend of mine on FB has inspired me this morning. I am declaring the year 2010 (which I love saying, by the way. Try it: Twenty-ten. Twenty-ten. It's good, right?) What was I saying? Oh, right - I'm declaring the year 2010 "The Year Of Finished Projects."

Several years ago, I learned how to quilt. I took to it with a passion and an intensity that only a person with an addictive personality could master. Class after class, technique after technique. Praise from my teachers, "Such a natural!"

Then I moved. And stopped quilting altogether. I'm not even sure why. Oh - wait. Maybe it was the buying-a-house, adopting-a-baby, new-mommy, SAHM-to-a-toddler effect. And what was left - drawers of half-finished, almost finished, barely-started quilting projects. Some of these already have hours and hours of work in them, and there they sit ... in a drawer.

But, 2010 is the year I finish all of these unfinished quilting projects. Why? Because I want the satisfaction. Because I actually would like to be able to hang some of these things up in my home. Because I enjoy quilting. Because I want to be someone who finishes things. And because I spent such a ridiculous amount of money on all of this fabric and those classes and the tools, my much-more-frugal-than-I-used-to-be self can't let this craziness continue.

So, I bring to you, The Year of Finished Projects. Twelve projects. Twelve months. With before and after pictures! And a new blog for a new topic! (Well, at the moment, I have six - but that was just in one drawer, so I'm thinking I've easily got twelve.)

No comments:

Post a Comment